Skeeson 7 starts march 27!
Kickoff party march 20!
Stats & Schedule
Once league play begins for Skeeson 7 (March 27), this is where the schedule will be posted each week. Check back often!
These times are when the first ball hits the lane. Please show up 15 minutes ahead if you want some practice rolls.
NEWS & Announcements
Skeeson 7 kickoff party
Skeeson 7 of the Los Angeles Brewskee-Ball skee-ball league is about to start, so join us for a happy-hour kickoff party to celebrate our return to the lanes! We’ll kick things off on Tuesday, March 20, from 7pm to 10pm at Busby’s East.
And we’ll be continuing the tradition we established last skeeson of playing for charity. This skeeson, proceeds will go to the St. Joseph Center, an organization that helps homeless and working-poor men, women, and children in Los Angeles get back on their feet. (More info at stjosephctr.org.) Joanna worked with them on their Code Talk program, and it’s a wonderful organization that does great work locally.
Make sure to keep track of your hundos again at the kickoff party, cuz if anyone beats DaVinskee’s total from last skeeson (60), I’ll donate an additional $100 to the St. Joseph Center.
If you can't make it to the kickoff party, you can register online on this very page (just scroll on up to the East Side) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
What: Skeeson 7 Kickoff Party
When: Tuesday, March 20, from 7pm to 10pm
Where: Busby's East
Tuesday, March 13! 7:30 p.m.! Practice night! Busby's East! Let's get back in the swing of things!
skeeson 7 is (finally) here!
It's been nearly three months since we last rolled our glorious wooden balls down the lanes, but the waiting ends now! Or soon, at least. Skeeson 7 of Brewskee-Ball Los Angeles begins March 20, with a charity kickoff and registration party. League play begins the following week, on March 27. I know last skeeson's champs, Nevertheless Skee Persisted, are ready to hit the lanes again!
Please note that those dates are Tuesdays, because we're returning to our original league night. After a one-skeeson sojourn on Wednesday nights, we're back in the Tuesday groove.
See below for the full-skeeson schedule.
new league location
Unfortunately, our time at the Sandbox was short-lived. But don't despair! Busby's East (5364 Wilshire) has ridden their noble steed to our rescue and offered their space as the new location for Brewskee-Ball Los Angeles. The bar is super cool and will be a top-notch location for the league. Plus, they have karaoke and pool and a flippin' indoor mini-golf course. I think we're in good hands!
League night: Tuesday nights
6:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Teams will be given a scheduled time slot each week.
For those with limited Tuesday-night availability, please contact us.
SKEESON 7 SCHEDULE
Tuesday, March 20: Skeeson 7 Charity Kickoff Party
Tuesday, March 27: Week 1
Tuesday, April 3: Week 2
Tuesday, April 10: Week 3
Tuesday, April 17: Week 4
Tuesday, April 24: Week 5
Tuesday, May 1: Week 6
Tuesday, May 8: Week 7
Tuesday, May 15: Week 8
Sunday, May 20: Brewskee Mug Tournament
Tuesday, May 22: BROTY and Hundo Challenge
5364 Wilshire BLvd.
Los Angeles, CA
How It Works
What Is Brewskee-Ball?
Since establishing the first-ever competitive Skee-Ball league in New York City in 2005, Brewskee-Ball has fashioned a loyal network of teams, players, and fans across the country. Brewskee-Ball is currently played in Los Angeles, Brooklyn, San Francisco, Austin, Gainesville, and Wilmington, N.C. — from skee to shining skee.
What Do I Need to Know?
• A Brewskee-Ball team consists of three rollers, each of whom roll 10 frames per match (nine balls per frame). Each match is played against one other three-roller team, with the goal of getting the highest score you can.
• The regular skeeson consists of eight weeks of head-to-head matches (one match per team each week). The post-skeeson consists of three tournaments: the Brewskee Mug Tournament (for teams), the BROTY (for individuals), and the Hundo Challenge (for hitting hundos like a sick-ass boss).
I Want In. What's Next?
• Form a team (three people per team, plus alternates). If you don't have a team, you can sign up as an individual and we'll find you teammates!
• Craft a witty team name (e.g. The Skee Amigos, Just Brew It, Nevertheless Skee Persisted).
• Sign up below. For team registrations: You can sign up as a full team all at once or each person can sign up individually. (Alternates do not need to register.)
• Registration fee includes eight weeks of regular-season Skee-Ball plus playoffs, three league shirts per team, end-of-season trophies, and unlimited fun.