skeeson 10 is rolling!
sign up now!
Stats & Schedule
Week 6 SCHEDULE
Times listed are when the first ball hits the lanes. If you want some practice rolls, please arrive 15 minutes early.
Open for practice
Lane 1: Open for practice
Lane 2: Takin’ It Skeezy vs. Skeez Nuts
Lane 3: Skee.P.S. Reports (makeup) vs. Pusskee Grabs Back
Lane 1: Skeelino and Barnes vs. Hollywoo Stars and Skeelebrities
Lane 2: Angry Skeevers vs. That’s What Skee Said
Lane 3: Balls, Beers, Battlestar Galactica vs. Skee’s Company
Lane 1: Blessed Be the Fruit vs. Skee.P.S. Reports
Lane 2: Open for practice
Lane 3: Full Urkel vs. They Skee Me Rollin’
NEWS & Announcements
Brewskee-Ball Los Angeles Busby’s Memorial Pro-Am
bar games pentathlon for
The Brewskee-Ball Los Angeles Busby’s Memorial Pro-Am Bar Games Pentathlon for the Cure is happening on Saturday, April 6, starting at 4 pm! (Please note the date change to Saturday, April 6, instead of March 30.)
And without further ado, here is the basic format:
• Registration will open at 4pm. It's not even registration, per se — just show up, and you’re in! "Registration" will close promptly at 4:30, so make sure to get there no later than 4:30 if you want to play. (These times will be 7 and 7:30 if Busby’s doesn’t open until 7.)
• If we have 11 or fewer people, this will be an individual tournament. Once we hit 12 participants, we’ll pair off and do teams of two. (I think this will be a lot more fun in pairs, so everyone should come and make sure we get to 12.)
• We’ll be playing five games. First we’ll crush nine holes of mini golf. We’ll then hit up some Pop-a-Shot basketball and make as much noise as possible. Then pinball — yeah, there’s a pinball machine in Busby’s, which most people apparently are not aware of. Then — what’s this? — rock, paper, scissors! Yeah, it’s happening. And, of course, we’ll roll some Skee-Ball as the grand finale. (No pool or air hockey because one-on-one games are really hard to score.)
• Scoring will be done by ranking. Why? Cuz it’s easier. Trying to figure out how a 330 in Skee-Ball compares to a 285,000 in pinball compares to a four over par in mini golf is, well, flippin’ impossible. So we’re just going to rank all the scores in each game and go from there. Once everyone has completed an event, their scores will be ranked. First place in each event will get 25 points, second place will get 21 points, and so on. The person/team with the most total points after all five events wins!
• And now…prizes! The third-place team will receive a vintage Brewskee-Ball L.A. shirt of their choosing. The second-place team will receive a Brewskee-Ball L.A. shirt and a round of drinks. And the first-place team will receive a Brewskee-Ball L.A. shirt, a round of drinks, and this trophy commemorating their victory.
Yeah, this is not the actual trophy. But the actual trophies aren’t arriving until next week, so I don’t have a picture of them. They’ll be just a shade smaller than this. (I really wanted to get comically enormous trophies, but it turns out they’re really expensive!)
The Skeeson IX Brewskee Mug Champions!
After an amazing run through the BMT and a finals matchup against the Skee Amigos, Brew Legit to Quit — Priceless, Dan Smith, and Bigfoot — chugged from the Skeeson IX Mug. With a ridiculous 1127, they posted one of the highest non-hundo team scores in the history of the league.
The John fisk 10th Ball Award Winner
Mando Commando wins the Skeeson IX 10th Ball Award!
The BROTY and Hundo Challenge
Stepfather of Dragons wins the Skeeson IX BROTY, while Schpilkas continues his hundo run all the way through the Hundo Challenge.
League night: Tuesday nights
6:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Brewskee-Ball matches take approximately one hour.
Teams will be given a scheduled time slot each week, at either 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30.
For those with limited Tuesday-night availability, please contact us.
SKEESON 10 SCHEDULE
Tuesday, Jan. 22: Baseskee-Ball Tournament
Tuesday, Feb. 5: Skeeson 10 Charity Kickoff Party
Tuesday, Feb. 12: Week 1
Tuesday, Feb. 19: Week 2
Tuesday, Feb. 26: Week 3
Tuesday, March 5: Week 4
Tuesday, March 12: Off for Mid-skeeson Break
Tuesday, March 19: Week 5
Tuesday, March 26: Week 6
Tuesday, April 2: Week 7
Saturday, April 6: Brewskee-Ball Los Angeles Busby’s Memorial Pro-Am Bar Games Pentathlon for the Cure
Tuesday, April 9: Week 8
Sunday, April 14: Brewskee Mug Tournament
Tuesday, April 16: BROTY and Hundo Challenge
5364 Wilshire BLvd.
Los Angeles, CA
How It Works
What Is Brewskee-Ball?
Since establishing the first-ever competitive Skee-Ball league in New York City in 2005, Brewskee-Ball has fashioned a loyal network of teams, players, and fans across the country. Brewskee-Ball is currently played in Los Angeles, Brooklyn, San Francisco, Austin, Gainesville, and Wilmington, N.C. — from skee to shining skee.
What Do I Need to Know?
• A Brewskee-Ball team consists of three rollers, each of whom roll 10 frames per match (nine balls per frame). Each match is played against one other three-roller team, with the goal of getting the highest score you can.
• The regular skeeson consists of eight weeks of head-to-head matches (one match per team each week). The post-skeeson consists of three tournaments: the Brewskee Mug Tournament (for teams), the BROTY (for individuals), and the Hundo Challenge (for hitting hundos like a sick-ass boss).
I Want In. What's Next?
• Form a team (three people per team, plus alternates). If you don't have a team, you can sign up as an individual and we'll find you teammates!
• Craft a witty team name (e.g. The Skee Amigos, Just Brew It, Nevertheless Skee Persisted).
• Sign up below. For team registrations: You can sign up as a full team all at once or each person can sign up individually. (Alternates do not need to register.)
• Registration fee includes eight weeks of regular-season Skee-Ball plus playoffs, three league shirts per team, end-of-season trophies, and unlimited fun.