skeeson 10 starts feb. 5!
sign up now!
Stats & Schedule
These times are when the first ball hits the lane. Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your match.
Practice and Warmups
Presentation of League Shirts
1. Brew Legit to Quit vs. 8. Skeez Nuts
4. Skee’s Company vs. 5. Pusskee Grabs Back
2. Hollywoo Stars vs. Balls, Beers, Battlestar Galactica
3. Skee Amigos vs. 6. Blessed Be the Fruit
Winner of 1/8 vs. Winner of 4/5
Winner of 2/7 vs. Winner of 3/6
The Championship Match
NEWS & Announcements
The Skeeson IX Brewskee Mug Champions!
After an amazing run through the BMT and a finals matchup against the Skee Amigos, Brew Legit to Quit — Priceless, Dan Smith, and Bigfoot — chugged from the Skeeson IX Mug. With a ridiculous 1127, they posted one of the highest non-hundo team scores in the history of the league.
The John fisk 10th Ball Award Winner
Mando Commando wins the Skeeson IX 10th Ball Award!
The BROTY and Hundo Challenge
Stepfather of Dragons wins the Skeeson IX BROTY, while Schpilkas continues his hundo run all the way through the Hundo Challenge.
SKEESON IX 10TH BALL AWARD NOMINEES
Ladies and gentlemen of Brewskee-Ball, your Skeeson IX 10th Ball Award nominees!
Brandon “Stepfather of Dragons” Lee
Brandon was under consideration for a 10th Ball nomination last skeeson. He photographed the BMT and BROTY for us, he had made team photo cards, and he played multiple times as an alternate. But that was precisely the issue: He was only an alternate in Skeeson 8. But he’s back full time this skeeson, acting again as our unofficial photographer. At the Brewskee-Ball National Championship, he not only won the Baseskee Brawl and made the semifinals of the Hundo Derby, but he also designed the LA team shirts. Stepfather of Dragons reps the LA league hard.
Bre “Breezus” Bauer
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen someone try so hard to get better. Bre has put everything she has into improving her game, with a total openness to coaching and a dedication to practice. And it worked! But more than her scores, it’s Bre’s eagerness that has earned her this nomination. When it was time for the BEEB, that eagerness showed itself once again, as she was the first person in the LA league to book her tickets to Austin. Once in Austin, she instantly became one of the faces of the LA league. The LA Instagram was a huge hit that weekend—all thanks to Bre, who ran it like a boss. In only her third skeeson, Bre’s impact on the league goes well beyond those newly impressive scores.
Mandi “Mando Commando” Nowlin
For the past few skeesons, I’ve resisted nominating former New York rollers for this award. It just seemed uncouth, since we all had such a head start on the new LA rollers. But it’s impossible to deny Mandi a nomination any longer. This league literally wouldn’t exist without Mandi, the assistant to the Skee.E.O. She was integral from the very beginning—back in the ADBC days—and she remains integral in Skeeson 9. She’s the league’s top recruiter and one of our best ambassadors, she has organized countless off-skeeson and mid-skeeson events, she chose the charity for this skeeson’s kickoff fundraiser, she’s been a reliable sounding board for various league issues (including every 10th Ball nomination until this one), and she’s one of only two people I’ve ever entrusted with a key to the lanes. Despite her hands being so small that she can barely hold a skee-ball, she’s stuck with the league going all the way back to 2007. That’s dedication.
skeeson iX award winners
Ladies and gentleman of Brewskee-Ball, I present your Skeeson 9 award winners! Shouts to Dan Smith, Priceless, Bigfoot, Schpilkas, Breezus, Ric-Skee Bobby, El Skeeablo, and Cynthia!
League night: Tuesday nights
6:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Brewskee-Ball matches take approximately one hour.
Teams will be given a scheduled time slot each week, at either 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30.
For those with limited Tuesday-night availability, please contact us.
SKEESON 10 SCHEDULE
Tuesday, Jan. 22: Baseskee-Ball Tournament
Tuesday, Feb. 5: Skeeson 10 Charity Kickoff Party
Tuesday, Feb. 12: Week 1
Tuesday, Feb. 19: Week 2
Tuesday, Feb. 26: Week 3
Tuesday, March 5: Week 4
Tuesday, March 12: Off for Mid-skeeson Break
Tuesday, March 19: Week 5
Tuesday, March 26: Week 6
Tuesday, April 2: Week 7
Tuesday, April 9: Week 8
Sunday, April 14: Brewskee Mug Tournament
Tuesday, April 16: BROTY and Hundo Challenge
5364 Wilshire BLvd.
Los Angeles, CA
How It Works
What Is Brewskee-Ball?
Since establishing the first-ever competitive Skee-Ball league in New York City in 2005, Brewskee-Ball has fashioned a loyal network of teams, players, and fans across the country. Brewskee-Ball is currently played in Los Angeles, Brooklyn, San Francisco, Austin, Gainesville, and Wilmington, N.C. — from skee to shining skee.
What Do I Need to Know?
• A Brewskee-Ball team consists of three rollers, each of whom roll 10 frames per match (nine balls per frame). Each match is played against one other three-roller team, with the goal of getting the highest score you can.
• The regular skeeson consists of eight weeks of head-to-head matches (one match per team each week). The post-skeeson consists of three tournaments: the Brewskee Mug Tournament (for teams), the BROTY (for individuals), and the Hundo Challenge (for hitting hundos like a sick-ass boss).
I Want In. What's Next?
• Form a team (three people per team, plus alternates). If you don't have a team, you can sign up as an individual and we'll find you teammates!
• Craft a witty team name (e.g. The Skee Amigos, Just Brew It, Nevertheless Skee Persisted).
• Sign up below. For team registrations: You can sign up as a full team all at once or each person can sign up individually. (Alternates do not need to register.)
• Registration fee includes eight weeks of regular-season Skee-Ball plus playoffs, three league shirts per team, end-of-season trophies, and unlimited fun.